top of page
Since 1932 - 90 Year Anniversary
The Gardeners of Greater Cleveland Brief History
Gardeners of Greater Cleveland (an affiliate Club of The Gardeners of America) was founded in 1932 as the Business Men's Garden Club of Cleveland. In 1934, it joined the Gardeners of America. Its first service was to encourage planting of trees in the lawn along Euclid Avenue, at that time, Cleveland's main street. This commitment to serve the community has been a staple of the Club's existence.
The Club was an active participant in the formation of Cleveland's Washington Park Horticultural Center. Another Club commitment is to provide scholarships to qualified students.
bottom of page